Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yesterday's Harvest





This is the 3rd harvest of beans and the 1st large harvest of tomatoes.  I still have a garden box of personal-size watermelons that will be ready for harvest pretty soon. There's at least 6 melons out there getting nice and plump.  I picked two already, thinking they were ripe because they were so large and sounded hollow.  But when I opened them, the flesh was still white.  They tasted just fine, though!  

I will be spending the evening preparing these for freezing, save a few for using immediately.
I was always weary about starting a garden...  I think I may be good at this!  HMMMM, I have 4 garden boxes right now. To see my garden boxes click here: There's Room in My Boat: Mother's Day Eco-Mission  I may have to consider expanding to 6 next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment