Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cakes of Birthdays Past


Last October, my friend P turned 40.  Since it was so close to Halloween, I got a little psyched at doing a Halloween themed cake.  This cake is a 2 tier round with my Mom's famous buttercream frosting.  The ghosts are Nutter Butters cookies smothered in white chocolate with black cookie icing eyes and mouths.  The headstones are Mint Milano cookies with black cookie icing writing.  The 'dirt' is crushed Oreos mounded generously to simulate fresh graves.  The cake is embellished with candy pumpkins.

C offered his help in case P couldn't blow out all 4 of those candles....

I also made these because I thought they were sooo cute. They are made with 3 marshmallows stacked and held together with a pretzel stick.  Then they are wrapped loosely with Fruit by the Foot fruit leather.  The eyes are dotted on with green cookie icing.

2 comments:

  1. Not only was it so cute, it was delicious too. Another masterpiece by T. I need to remeber the mummies and make then for Natalie at school this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I remember wrapping those mummies! And also dipping the Nutter Butter cookies in the white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete