Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Too Fried For Chicken

Ok, I know that title makes no sense.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks into the new job. First week was administrative, general, and computer training. Yeah. Fun stuff.
Week two was more computer training, meet'n greets, start learning the life and flow. Things are starting to gel, getting to see come cool stuff, excited for the next part of my training which will be off site at the end of June.
I've rediscovered how difficult it is to work the 9-5 life with small kids, especially one with special needs. Organizing the childcare, rides, keeping up with therapists, doctors, social workers, and such feels damn near impossible. And the household stuff- don't get me started!
If I can hang in there a few more weeks, I'll cut back to my part time life again. End of school year is always a nightmare anyways, so that doesn't help things.

Having a little bit of Working Mom Syndrome= Feeling like you're doing a half-ass job at home, and a half-ass job at work because your mind is always toggling between the two.
Join the club, right?

I envy the folks who can just be Mom. I really like to work, though, too. Waffling, Waffling. Financially impossible to stay home. Done. End of story.

Working Mom= Rite of Passage for the Generation X

Leaves my brain too fried for chicken, though. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment