Saturday, April 10, 2010

Movin' on

It's no secret to friends and family and even coworkers that I've been job hunting for about 3 years. There's a new Aurora facility nearby that opened in March. It was a much debated addition to our town of 12,000 but finally came about. I applied for a job there before they even broke ground. I drove by almost daily, watching it grow floor by floor. I'd daydream about how different it would be to work there.
I've been working at the same hospital for 9 out of my 10 years of being a nurse. I work in a highly specialized field. I take pride in the fact that my unit is the only one like it. Naturally, it feels like home. It's comfortable. I'm confident.
Friday I accepted a position at the new facility in one of their clinics. Now I'm feeling that OMIGOD WHAT HAVE I DONE syndrome. It's a brand new position, so I'd be inventing it as I go. This is what Indiana Jones must feel like! (I don't get a cool hat or a whip, though).
Drunken by the cocktail of excitement and anxiety, I am celebrating another new venture in my long list of 'to want and do's'. It's a good time in my life. In my last post, I shared my desires to take mental inventory and make changes to bring on my new and improved self. It was time to remove all things toxic and try something new. My Frankenfoot refuses to let me handle 12 hour shifts. My gas tank and wallet desire to be a little fuller. I would like a few weekends with my family. Sometimes it's better to follow the path of least resistance.
I know that my biggest obstacle is myself.
So, on May 10th, I will crack my whip, tip my hat, take a deep breath, and take a faithful leap into the new territory that is Aurora. I hope I make you proud, Indie!

No comments:

Post a Comment