Saturday, February 6, 2010

The day you were born

I heard you before I saw you.
Time stood still and yet my life flashed before my eyes.
Nothing as I knew it would ever be the same.
I was no longer one person but two. That is how it has been since I discovered you inside me. Long before I felt you move, your soul whispered to me.
I knew you before you were born.
I heard you cry your first breath and love washed over me.
I met your eyes and took you in.
In that fleeting moment I became my mother.
In one tidal wave of emotion, the world made sense. I had no questions. I knew the answers in my heart.
And so it is now.
I worry for you, I fight for you.
My heart sings your praises and mourns your losses.
There is nothing I would not sacrifice for you.
Every thought and action is for you.
Every one of my dreams is for you.
Wherever I am, I want you to be. Your soul still whispers to me. No matter how far apart we are, I can still feel how your energy has imprinted my heart.
I am no longer just "myself".
The day you were born, so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment